Blackened Salmon with Tomatillo Jalapeno Relish September 10 2014
- 6 (4 oz.) Salmon Medallions
- 2 T. Raging Cajun Spice
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- 2 lemons halved
- 4 T. Butter
- 4 T. Chopped Parsley
- Season Salmon with Cajun spice.
- Pre-heat Cast Iron skillet on medium heat.
- Place spice side down in the skillet.
- Cook until spices are lightly charred/blackened.
- Turn salmon over and sear on opposite side.
- Deglaze with lemon and add butter.
- Allow butter to brown and then baste salmon.
- Finish with fresh parsley.
- 1 c. small diced Tomatillos
- ¼ c. small diced Red Onion
- 1 T. minced Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 T. chopped Cilantro
- 2 T. Agave Nectar or Honey
- Juice from 2 Limes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and gently stir together.